This contains UNCERTIFIED COPY for information/reference. For authentic copy, please refer to certified copy only. In case of any mistake, please bring it to our notice.
Tax Administration Laws Amendment Act, No. 21 of 2021
- amend the Estate Duty Act, 1955, so as to make textual corrections;Table of contents
- amend the Income Tax Act, 1962, so as to enable the Commissioner to request certain information by public notice; to align the provision with regard to submission of a return by a foreign person in respect of withholding tax on royalties with that of withholding tax on interest; to align the refund limitation rules for dividends paid in specie with that of dividends paid in cash; to provide that the prescription periods will not apply with regard to certain deductions claimed by farmers and to provide for extended record-keeping periods; to provide for textual corrections; to provide for a penalty to be raised on an estimate of employees’ tax; to provide that a first provisional tax payment and return will not be required when the duration of a year of assessment does not exceed six months; and to provide for the deletion of a penalty;
- amend the Customs and Excise Act, 1964, so as to make technical corrections; to expand the purposes for which air cargo may be removed to degrouping depots to include consolidation and removal to transit sheds for export; to effect amendments consequential to changes to the SARS customs accreditation system; to expand the scope of matters that SARS may investigate to confirm the validity of a diesel refund claim; and to make the unlawful possession or use of a customs uniform an offence;
- amend the Tax Administration Act, 2011, so as to make textual corrections; to provide for an extension in submission of a return or relevant material with regard to assessments based on an estimate; to provide for a date from which a taxpayer may lodge an objection and appeal with regard to assessments based on an estimate; to provide for an exception to prescription; and to correct a cross-reference;
- amend the Disaster Management Tax Relief Administration Act, 2020, so as to amend certain dates in order to provide relief under the Act, and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Legislation Text Access Point
* LegalB refers to a "version" of an Act or its sections in the format "YYYY_NNN_SSS_YYYYMMDD", which refers to "YEAR OF ACT_ACT NUMBER_SECTION OF ACT_DATE OF GAZETTE", and where "DATE OF GAZETTE" refers to the "YEAR_MONTH_DAY" on the face of the Gazette in which either the Act was originally published or in which the amending, lapsing or repealing instrument was published. Where any segment of the reference string contains only zeros, it means that information is not relevant, not made available, or unavailable.
* Unbolded grey text in square brackets is additional information provided by LegalB.
* "..." indicates further information not provided by LegalB for purpose of brevity
* An Asterisk indicates uncertainty regarding information, and a double asterisk indicates information must be read in the light of our relevant Commentary.